We have been supplying the Cowes Floating Bridge with their ticketing systems for over 25 years.
In 2016 we delivered a major upgrade to this system when we introduced a new Saver Card and website.
This was engineered and launched from the ground up within six months.
The scheme provides a central online account which can be topped up with credit – each account can support one or more Saver Cards.
In addition, individual cards can be topped up via the quayside ticket machines, so an online account is not required at all.
The quayside machines also issue regular tickets purchased with cash or card.
- Our hand-held scanners validate each ticket (including multi-use tickets) and/or Saver Card, via a server on board the ferry, to ensure the system remains operational should the 4G connection become unavailable.
- All the data is synced and collated via a central cloud based server, where detailed logging, reporting and management is available.
- Customer facing website
- Saver card registration and account management with online payment facilities
- Central cloud based master server with reporting and administration
- Integration with third party self-service quayside ticket machines
- On-board ferry server with redundant back-up
- On-board hand-held terminals supporting cash, ticket or card based transactions
” TransIQ understood our requirements for a bespoke ticketing system and have delivered an effective and reliable solution which is supported by very knowledgeable staff; this is constantly being reviewed and adapted in response to customer feedback. I would have no hesitation in recommending them for any projects requiring a smart, mobile ticketing solution. ”
Sean Newton, Isle of Wight Council